The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Learnership
The learnership is a programme run by Johannesburg, which provides unemployed youth from the Johannesburg community to be provided with theoretical and practical training on their chosen learnership. This initiative is in support of the objectives of the Skills Development Act (1998) of making workplaces active learning environments for the employees and the unemployed.
A learnership programme has two components, theory (classroom-based) and practical (workplace-based) learning components, and note that on successful completion of a learnership programme learners acquire a nationally recognised qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
The details are as follows:
Department: Group Corporate and Shared Services
Branch: Group Human Capital Management
Designation: Business Accounting Learnership
Salary Range: R2 500.00 pm (cost to company, basic salary, no benefits)
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Language proficiency (reading and writing) English
- Computer Literacy;
- Attention to detail
- Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered
- assisting within different Finance departments in the coordination and consolidation of information and by providing financial information support services to the management with guidance from the mentor.
- Provide general knowledge of the financial environment. To assist with the tasks of confirming and documenting processes, procedures, and standards for all the different Finance functional units, to ensure that the department has processes outlined on how they get their work done.
- Good Communication and Writing skills
- Coordination and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle Confidential Information
- Analytical and Research
- Ability to multi-task and meet constant deadlines
- Ability to Plan, Organize, and Prioritize Work
- Punctuality and accuracy skills
How to apply:
All applications will be through the website using this link:
Or visit www.joburg.org.za and click on Vacancies.
An application letter and CV, proof of residence, a certified copy of ID, and Matric
PUBLICATION DATE: 22 APRIL 2021
CLOSING DATE: 07 MAY 2021