University of the Western Cape (UWC) 2022 applications open
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) was founded in 1960 and occupies a unique space in the South African higher education landscape. It is a dynamic institution committed to excellence in learning, teaching, research, and innovation in a globally competitive environment whilst remaining true to the values and ethos that have shaped its identity as a university rooted in serving the public good.
UWC has seven faculties, namely:
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Community Health Sciences
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
Online Application Process
- You may apply for a maximum of TWO program choices
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programs in Faculties such as Dentistry, Community and Health Sciences, and Law
- There is NO application fee payable
- Applications close on 30 September 2021
After completion of the online application form, you will receive a letter via email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application. The acknowledgement letter will contain your APPLICANT NUMBER. This applicant number is to be used in all communication with the University.
You will also receive a brochure indicating the supporting documents that you will need to submit to the University by the application closing dates for your application to be considered complete.
Please click on this link and follow the prompts to upload your documents.
Changed your mind about your choice of study or Re-admission:
- Do not submit a new application
- Check with the Contact Centre if you may change your program choice
- Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre and update your details