Thuthuka Bursary Fund – SAICA 2022 Application
The Thuthuka Bursary Fund could be your chance of making your dream of becoming a CA(SA) a reality. Applications for the 2022 university intake are now open.
Established in 2005 by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA), the Thuthuka Bursary Fund (TBF) assists disadvantaged African and Coloured students who want to study to become CAs(SA).
A bursary fund like none other, TBF’s model covers more than just tuition, books, meals, residence fees and accommodation. The programme follows an integrated and holistic approach to ensure success, and students are also provided with ‘wrap around’ support in the form of among others:
- academic support, including various academic enrichment programmes such as additional tutorials, study skills workshops and more
- social and emotional support
- work-readiness and life skills training
- mentoring and counselling
- access to dedicated programme manager exposure to experienced chartered accountants and business leaders as mentors
This model makes TBF students more successful than their counterparts. It is also this approach that makes TBF students ready to face the challenges of the workplace.
- Signed consent form (download it here)
- Applicant’s ID
- Parent(s)’/Guardian(s)’ ID
- Parent(s)’/Guardian(s)’ salary slip
- Copies of ID documents of persons dependent on family income
- Final Grade 11 results
- Final Grade 12 results (if completed Grade 12)
- Full university transcript (if already at University)
- University provisional acceptance letter (if you are still in high school).