JOHANNESBURG ROADS AGENCY VACANCIES
ACCOUNTANT: CREDITORS X2 (REF: 19/2021/105)
SALARY: R 646 599.88 – R 935 474.04 PER ANNUM TCTC (ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Manage the Accounts Payable (AP) process from receipt of invoices, payments: reconciliation to the final payment stage.
- Enforce 30 days of payment compliance by daily monitoring of the Accounts Payable report to curb late payments and action those items ageing on the report.
- Address and resolve supplier queries, reconciling items, corrections and adjustments needed, mis-posting etc.
- Perform Quality Assurance on payments and address identified gaps.
- Ensure that all processes, procedures and compliance standards are adhered to.
- Have working knowledge of compliance with MFMA, Treasury Regulations, SARS and JRA policies and procedures.
- Report monthly on unauthorised, irregular, fruitless and wasteful expenditure and keep proper records for audit purposes.
- Administer statutory payments such as VAT.
- Completion of General Ledger reconciliations, month-end management reports, inter and intra company confirmations, month-end data integrity checks and balances. Creation of 30 days risk register.
- Close interaction with internal and external Audit teams to resolve audit findings and improve processes to minimize future findings.
- Training of staff and interns (as and when required).
- Advice on enhancing controls, input on the Standards Operating Procedures and continuous improvement of Best Finance Practice Standards.
- Manage supplier queries/escalations.
- Perform any ad-hoc tasks arising from various stakeholders such as City, CFOs office and other departments subject to priorities and urgency