SAPS Administration Clerk
POST: Administration Clerk
APPOINTMENT: Public Service Act, 1994 (Act 103 of 1994)
LOCATION: Head: National Cold Case Unit, Head Office, Pretoria
LEVEL OF REMUNERATION: R173 703.00 per annum (Level 5)
REFERENCE NUMBER: NCC15/07/2021
- Applicant must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12); or National Certificate (Vocational);
- Be proficient in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
- Must be a South African citizen;
- Must have no previous criminal/departmental convictions or criminal or departmental cases pending;
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process that will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
- Appropriate/relevant experience in the field of the post, as well as competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizing skills, maybe an advantage.
- Perform day-to-day administration of the office, which will include arranging and preparing for meetings, taking and typing minutes, sending invitations, arrange for refreshments, keep a record of in and outgoing posts, keep brought forward registers, arrange for travelling, secure accommodation, update and manage phone calls, emails and faxes, maintain filing system;
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license (if applicable).
- Qualifications and driver’s licenses submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- The appointment will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for applications is 16 August 2021 at 16:00.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all shortlisted applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.