KZN Health Online Application for Nursing Training
PURPOSE OF THE QUALIFICATION:
Diploma in Nursing R171 Level 6 Whole Qualification, Full Time The purpose of the Diploma in Nursing programme is to develop a generalist nurse who can demonstrate focused knowledge and skills in general nursing. This programme takes into account the Primary Health Care (PHC) approach and encompasses the core competencies for disease prevention, health promotion, treatment and rehabilitation required to tackle the physical and psychosocial determinants of health, with the aim of contributing towards strengthening healthcare systems through the delivery of comprehensive, high quality and safe nursing services.
Prospective students willing to register for this qualification must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate (NSC). Minimum Matric score of 25 points will be calculated according to standardized approved point system (APS). Only a maximum of 6 subjects will be scored and the following subjects are required:
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- HG/SG ED g An advertisement for nurse training posts appear in the local newspaper(s), local hospitals, clinics and KZN health website once a year – requirements of the training programme will be stipulated in the advertisement.
- Instructions in the advert are to be complied with e.g. regarding the information to be submitted and documentation to be uploaded with the application.
- It is not necessary to fill in application forms (Z83) at this stage. . .
- No hand-delivered applications will be accepted or entertained.
- No applications are to be directed to the training institutions/hospitals or head office (Natalia), or the KwaZulu-Natal College of Nursing.
- Ensure that the advertisement is read in its entirety especially with applicants. regard to responses to Due to the large number of applications anticipated, only successful applications will be responded to.
- Any applicant, who failed to complete the 4-year Diploma programme and was excluded for academic and/or any other reasons deemed so by the College Senate, will not be eligible for entry into the same programme.
- All shortlisted candidates will undergo a compulsory knowledge assessment, medical surveillance including a medical examination and verification of all documentation.
- The Kwazulu-Natal Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful candidates in the form of a bursary.
- Successful candidates will be required to sign an agreement with the Department of Health, will be expected to attend as a full-time student, be prepared to attend lectures and participate in work-integrated leaming (WIL) in shifts which shall include public holidays, weekends and nights, within the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health Hospital and Clinics as part of the programme requirements.
- On completion of training, students will be registered with the South African Nursing Council as General Nurses category in line with the Nursing Act (Act No. 33 of 2005).
How do I apply for academic admission in 2022?
- Click the button apply for 2022 to complete your profile.
- Documents to be uploaded with your online application:
- Certified copy of matric certificate and identity document.
- Proof of residence or affidavit.
NB. Failure to comply with the above instructions will disqualify applicants.
3. Click apply now button on the student details page to complete your application.
Take note of the following:
- All certificates and addresses will be verified for authenticity.
- Certified documents must not be older than 6 months.
- Due to the large number of applications expected; only successful applicants will be notified.
- No registered mail will be accepted.