Discovery Insure Learnership: Short and Long Term Insurance
About Discovery Insure:
Discovery Insure is committed to creating a nation of great drivers and building better businesses through our innovative Shared-value Insurance model. Discovery Insure is South Africa’s fastest-growing short-term insurance company with comprehensive products that protect against current and emerging risks facing clients in the motor, home and business insurance sectors.
Vitality Drive, an internationally recognised and award-winning programme, is a key differentiator in the market that incentivises and rewards clients for driving well. The Vitality Drive programme has been scaled to local and international markets which now include Europe and the Middle East.
The company employs over 1 000 people who are committed to putting our customers and financial advisers first by providing unique and innovative solutions and cover.
Key Purpose of the role:
- This Learnership leads to a nationally recognised FETC: Long Term Insurance NQF Level 4 qualification; which consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience in the Financial Services industry.
- This Learnership leads to a nationally recognised NC: Short Term Insurance NQF Level 4 qualification which consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience in the Short-Term Insurance industry.
Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to:
Short Term Insurance:
- Learners will be given exposure to the Short-Term Insurance business – client and broker servicing, claims, retentions, procurement, business development and compliance.
Long Term Insurance – Discovery Health:
- Call Centre: Medical Aid client servicing, claims, new business and health benefits administration
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Innovative/ critical thinking/ and problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail and levels of accuracy
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity and works in a systematic, methodical and orderly manner.
- Time management and planning skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team-orientated environment
- Service has driven me, a sense of urgency and a team player.
- Adapts to changing circumstances and handles criticism well and learns from it.
Education and Experience
Grade 12 is essential.
- Maths (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- English (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- Maths Literacy (Minimum Level 5 – 60%)
- 2nd language (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
Incomplete tertiary studies will be advantageous
- Not be engaged in post-Matric studies or formal employment;
- Not have completed any previous Learnership.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years;
- Have effective communication skills in the written & verbal English language;
- Possess basic computer skills mainly MS Excel & MS Outlook
- Only South African candidates by birth will be considered