Department of Sport, Arts and Culture 2022 Bursary
The Department of Sport, Arts and Culture (DSAC) is a South African government department whose major goal is to ensure that all South Africans have a better life. The DSAC accomplishes this by staying true to its objective of changing the way sports, arts, and culture are delivered. DSAC intends to facilitate this shift by guaranteeing equal access to this sector, as well as development and quality in all aspects of involvement. DSAC also believes that through Sports, Arts, and Culture, it can harness socio-economic contributions and thus improve the lives of all who live in the country.
The Department of Sports, Arts, and Culture is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries are available for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies within heritage-related programmes, specifically these fields:
- Anthropology (including Forensic Anthropology)
- Archaeology (Marine and Underwater Cultural Heritage, Forensic, etc)
- Archives and Records Management
- Conservation of the Built Environment
- Conservation and Preventive Conservation
- Collections (Cultural & Natural) Management (Not Nature Conservation)
- Heritage Resources Management
- Museum Studies or Management and Curatorship
- IKS or Courses that contribute to the preservation and promotion of Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS) and S.A. Living Heritage
The bursary will provide full cover for:
- Tuition fees
- prescribed books
- Accommodation (capped at R50 000, where applicable)
- Meals (capped at R18 500, where applicable).
N.B: All funding will be paid directly to the tertiary institution.
Minimum entry criteria:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be 40 years old or younger
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification, in one of the heritage-related programmes listed above
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at an institution that is accredited and registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must NOT be currently full-time employed within the private sector, government or state agencies
- You must NOT earn more than R130 000 per annum
How to apply:
Download and complete the Bursary Application Form: DSAC-Bursary-Application-Form-2022
Candidates must submit their applications via their institution’s bursary/ financial aid office. Students must NOT apply directly to the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture.
Closing date: 25 February 2022.