AECI Property Services Apprentice Electrician
|Pillar||AECI Property Services|
|Job Title||Apprentice Electrician|
|Job Type Classification||Apprentice|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Location – Town / Site||Umbogintwini|
|Location – Province||KwaZulu-Natal|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
- Acquire knowledge and skills of Artisan in your designated trade.
- Participate in the formal training plan for the apprenticeship; make reasonable progress to achieve the competencies in this regard; attend the necessary training or assessments related hereto.
- Perform duties required and make reasonable progress to achieve the competencies in the training plan.
- As instructed, undertake and attend any training or assessment related to the training plan.
- Keep the training record (logbook) in possession, and produce it to the employer and/or training organisation, when requested.
- Acknowledge that all workplace instructions and other material that comes into the apprentice’s possession, as a result of training, remains the property of the employer.
- Maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices under the guidance of qualified Artisans/Technicians.
- Work effectively with others to successfully complete maintenance activities and objectives.
- Adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, work instructions, guidelines, regulations/legislation and programs & proactive action to identify and correct potentially unsafe conditions and acts.
- Cable Reticulation, Industrial & Domestic installations of Electrical circuits & Motors.
- Testing and commissioning of new electrical equipment
- Efficient use of power tools & Hand Tools.
- Adhering to AECI safety standards and codes of practice
|Duties & Responsibilities:||
- Grade 12 (Matric) with Mathematics and Science
- An N3 (required to apply for Trade Test) is essential
- Driver’s license will be a benefit
- Basic understanding of process plant and the importance of maintenance.
- Must be able to obtain health clearance to work in a chemical environment.
- electrical experience will be a benefit
- Hand and Power tools will be a benefit
- Safety awareness is critical
- Team player
- Technical knowledge
How to apply: