SABC News Personal Assistant (Auckland Park)
Position: Personal Assistant (Auckland Park)
Position ID: 60019158
Scale code: 402
Reporting Line: Group Executive: News & Current Affairs
The main purpose of the position:
To ensure the smooth running of the office of the GE: News & Current Affairs daily activities through the effective and efficient management of the office and dairy in accordance with the requirements.
- Establish and maintain good relations with all staff, management, and stakeholders through timeous feedback and follow-up, responsiveness, and documentation administration.
- Planning, organising, and management of the GE: News & Current Affairs’ diary including electronic diary management, scheduling of meetings and calendar events in consultation with the GE: News & Current Affairs, and in response to priorities in the Corporation
- Ensuring planning for the meetings has taken place. including but not limited to logistical arrangements
- Manage changes, actions, and reminders timeously, accurately, and proactively
- Coordinating and monitoring the office resources (including stationery and other consumables) to ensure operational efficiencies within Budget Guidelines, Cost containment, and the PFMA regulations
- Effective and timeously handling of any complaints and inquiries.
- Co-ordination meetings with internal and or external stakeholders.
- Screening all calls to Office of the GE: News & Current Affairs and connects or redirect as necessary.
- Manage the timelines for submissions and other deliverables to and by the Office of the GE: News & Current Affairs in consultation with the News Senior Management Team, the GE: News & Current Affairs, and other stakeholders.
- Follow up on deliverables with the indicated individuals where so required by the GE: News & Current Affairs.
- Ensure that GE: News & Current Affairs is abreast of extraordinary events related to the News Senior Management Team and EXCO specifically.
- Assist the GE: News & Current Affairs in ensuring timeous leave management and planning for the News Senior Management Team.
- Oversee the Asset Management for the Office of the GE: News & Current Affairs
- Arranging and coordinating of all special events/ functions/ seminars/ conferences/ workshops.
- Coordinating all logistical arrangements (including flights, car hire, accommodation, etc.).
- Coordinate timeous and accurate preparation and management of documentation
- Effective management of the filing system to ensure easy retrieval of information and all records.
- Ensuring that all sensitive documents and or information are managed appropriately.
- Ensure that all correspondence to and from the GE: News & Current Affairs office is recorded and administered timeously as per expectations
- Implementing an effective document follow-up and/or tracking system.
- National Diploma (NQF 6) in secretarial/administration or any other equivalent tertiary qualification.
- 5 years experience as a secretary or similar role.
- General knowledge.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office and in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint, SAP (preferred but not critical), the Internet, etc.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Proactive and action orientated.
- Establish and maintain good relationships.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organization.
How to apply:
CLOSING DATE: 27 JUNE 2022